PDA

View Full Version : Aack- too big for Marathon, too small for Bodyguard?

camerona
10-14-2005, 11:21 AM
Um...oops- hoping for some advice:

I have always had great responses from the board here and so am hoping yet again, you can help me think my way out of this new box.
My DS is almost four and is 40 inches 40 pounds, which means he is at the limit of his Britax 5 point.

I tried him in the Parkway but it was fairly a tight fit width wise (he is a bit sturdy in the beam). So, I went out and bought the Britax Bodyguard.....only to open with dismay the box and read that it is fine for weight but height requirements start at 43 inches!!!

Aack- Any suggestions? Is there flexibility in the height/weight?

Three inches is many many months to wait so I am not at all sure what to do- I have started scrounging to find the receipt and hope perhaps to return it- though not sure what else to get. We really like the side impact protection the Bodyguard offers.

Thanks,
Aly

mommyto4
10-14-2005, 02:25 PM
If you have a Marathon, you should be alright. The Marathon goes to 65 pounds and (I think) 49 inches tall. If, however, you have a Roundabout, you are at the limit of 40 pounds and 40 inches. Check which seat you have and if it is a Marathon, you should be fine for quite some time. I hope this helps.
Melinda--mommy to Sarah, Kaylee, Jayci, and Davis
and grandma to Katie

camerona
10-14-2005, 03:04 PM
Sorry, my mistake. He is in the Roundabout and at the height weight limit, not the Marathon.
Thanks,
Aly

mommyto4
10-14-2005, 03:57 PM
If you're sure he is mature enough for a booster seat, you could check out the Graco Turbo Booster or the Recaro Young Style. If you're not sure he is mature enough to sit correctly in a booster, you could look into the Britax Husky/Regent and keep him harnessed in a five point harness for at least a couple more years. Good luck!!!
Melinda

Joni
10-14-2005, 05:51 PM
I have a Turbo and I have a slim in the bottom daughter who I sometimes worry because she seems too skinny for the seat. My question for you is how is your son's torso height? The height recommendations are all very subjective. My daughter is 40 inches tall but too tall for all the seats that say they go to 44 inches. If he has a long torso, he may actually fit in the seat well. The higher recommendations are there to discourage early booster use. When he sits in his booster, is the belt guides right at his shoulder height? That is the real indication as to the seat fitting him correctly. My daughter (3.5) has her booster height set at the same spot that my 7 year old niece has hers set at. They are 20 lbs different but only about 4 inches but my cousin has such a short torso that when they sit down they are nearly the same height.
JONI CPST

camerona
10-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Hi Joni,
Thanks for the guidence.We sat him in the bodyguard and it seems he has a long torso! When he sat at the lowest setting, he could not even get his shoulders back into the seat. We raised it a bit and taadaa! his shoulders were even with the guides.

Thank you so much for your advice- I rest easy knowing he is safe using the seat.

Best,
Aly