PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Damaging to Car Seats?

baby_mis1
10-17-2005, 04:12 PM
I just purchased a Britax Husky from Best Buy Baby, and the Britax box had been modified from it's original form. I'm thinking that the last time we got a Britax there was supporting styrofoam in the box. This box had been made slightly smaller, and the only thing in there was the car seat. It was shipped by UPS. I know if a car is in an accident, there are concerns about damage to the car seat. How about the bouncing around it would receive during shipping? Also - others who have Britax - do they usually have more support in the box? If the no styrofoam is normal, I won't worry...

Thanks,
Valerie
Mom to Jonas 2-21-02 and Tobias 9-28-05

mom2jacknkatie
10-17-2005, 10:06 PM
I have an RA, a MA, and most recently a Parkway. The MA was the only one purchased online and it did not have styrofoam or any other supportive materials, nor did the others which were purchased from retail stores. I'm not sure, maybe they used to have more support before I got my RA which was about January of '03. Hope this helps.

Joolsplus2
10-18-2005, 07:47 AM
Was it in a plastic bag? That's the only thing that should be in your Husky box... and usually the Husky box looks like it's been run over by a 747 by the time you get it :P
There's no foam in the Husky box bottom, because the base can't break, like the MA can.
Unless you see big crack or stress marks in the seat, it's perfectly ok.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

baby_mis1
10-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Thanks to both of you for the additional information. I feel much better now. Especially knowing the Husky box could have looked even worse....

Thanks,
Valerie

sarsah
10-22-2005, 03:04 PM
I have to laugh....all of the Britax boxes I've received from on-line orders look like they've been run over.

The seats have all been fine, though!

Sarah.......mom to Jason & Devin

tjham
11-16-2005, 01:18 AM
I just got an RA from Target.com and it was packed amazingly! Not a mark on the Britax box!