PDA

View Full Version : baby age problems??

petersmom
10-23-2005, 02:52 PM
I ordered an ebony Recaro young sport on the 13th of October and account says it is still in progress.
I'm confused, because the shipping time says 2-5 days and I really need the new car seat. Am I the only one??I have used them in the past with no problems, then again it was a Britax Marathon.
No response from customer service yet,so I'll be calling again tomorrow, but I need to vent!!!
Steph

threerugratz
10-23-2005, 08:45 PM
I would definitely call them. I haven't ordered from them so I don't have any experience dealing with them. But I know that when ordering from some places, the seats actually ship directly from Recaro. I ordered a Young Style from a place called Toads and Tulips and the seat shipped from Recaro. Toads and Tulips sent me an email once they had received shipping confirmation. So although it says 2-5 days, if it's coming from Recaro, it may be dependent on how many orders are in process. I notice some places are out of stock with many of the cover choices, seems the seat is quite popular. I ordered my Sport from a different site and received one of the first ones, but they had only received 3 I think(mine included) at first.
Don't panic yet. Hopefully, you can talk to someone tomorrow and find out what's going on.
The seat is great. We love ours!

petersmom
10-23-2005, 09:27 PM
Thanks for answering!
I'll be calling tomorrow

tjham
11-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Did you get it yet?!?!?!

petersmom
11-20-2005, 12:25 PM
I got it on Nov 15th A full month after I placed my order.
I was disappointed that my credit card statement came before the item! and that customer service basically gave me the run around . Oh, we'll email you with an update( lie! never happened) even after talking to customer service 3 times. I was really annoyed because my e-mail receipt stated delivery to be shipped with 2-5 DAYS. wHEN i CHECKED back with web site a week later the item description now said 2-6 weeks! Quite honestly I would have paid more to have it shipped faster from another site had I known about the delay. All they had to do was list on the site, that it would be shipping directly from manufacturer, so it may take longer, JUST COMMON COURTSEY.
Oh well live and learn.
As a side it is a nice seat, easy to install after reading the instructions. I am glad DS is slim because the head wings leave a very narrow opening for their cute heads. I hope this helps
Stephanie