PDA

View Full Version : Difference in height limits for Britax seats

Anya
10-24-2005, 12:44 PM
My daughter is long waisted and at the very limit for her Roundabout. I tried her in a Marathon this weekend and she is on the next to last slot for the harness. So I figure it will last a year or so. Is there any difference in the max height for the Boulevard, Marathon or the Decathalon? She only weighs 27 lbs at 3 years old and I will keep her in the 5 point harness as long as she fits.

Joolsplus2
10-24-2005, 01:32 PM
My 29 pound 3 yo got a full three years' use out of the Marathon...she was rearfacing for 18 months (before hitting 33 pounds), and then forward facing, in the top slot, for 18 months...she just started getting too tall for the harness at age 6 and 45 inches and 40 pounds (though not too tall in all cars! If it was installed more upright, she really had more room in the seat, but I wanted matching Huskies and put her in that, lol). If I hadn't wanted to rearface her longer, I would have considered the Recaro Young Sport, too, because it has such great side impact protection and becomes a great booster (well, it also wasn't on the market...), but I'd still be able to use it as a booter for a couple more years and it would have been a better use of my money (not that I regret a single penny of the $239 I spent for the Marathon the very month they came on the market!). This is what she looked like 6 months ago (sitting up VERY straight...she really still looks like that NOW, and is still in 6X shirts) http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/FFAlbum/Sarah.aspx, and the link in my siggy shows what she looked like 3 years ago rearfacing...lots of growing room....

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

baby_mis1
10-24-2005, 08:40 PM
If you are already forward-facing, try a Britax Husky/Regent instead. If I remember correctly from recent research, the top slots are 2" higher than a Marathon. The lower weight limit is 22lbs, and with your daughter's height she shouldn't get lost in it. My son definitly looks like he will have longer in the Husky than the MA!

Look for sales on-line on Huskys right now as they are being replaced by Regents. The best I found last week was $195 at bestbuybaby.com.

Valerie
Mom to Jonas 2-21-02 and Tobias 9-28-05

Anya
10-24-2005, 10:27 PM
She is forward facing. I was avoiding the Husky but it does seem to be the answer. It is so wide though. If it was in the middle I'm not sure anyone could sit in the back with her which would be a problem. I hate to move her to the side permantly. I'll have to think some more. Thanks for the information.

Joolsplus2
10-26-2005, 09:05 AM
Yeah, the Husky definitely does turn your 5 seater car into a 4 seater car, usually (or three seater, if it's in the middle!). The marathon isn't too bad to sit next to, and usually you can stick a booster next to it and buckle it pretty easily (when little friends come along, you're getting to that age, now!)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx