PDA

View Full Version : Now I need 2 new carseats...

Wen5dy
11-14-2005, 10:13 AM
After finding this message board, now I need to get 2 new seats, not just one!

I have a 7.5 year old (50 lbs, 49 inches)in her starriser comfy (purchased in 2003), and my 3.5 year old (32 lbs, average height) in her roundabout(from 2002).
I was just looking to get a booster for my husbands car, but now I think I need a new seat for 7 year old for my minivan and a new one for 3 year so I can replace the 1999 model Evenflo in husbands car.

Bottom line: Can someone guide me to the right booster seat for my 7.5 yr. old, I'm sure the starriser comfy can be improved upon,
AND the best seat for my 3.5 yr. old so I can put her roundabout in my husbands car?
p.s. my 7 year old has been using booster with only shoulder belt since she was 4.

Thanks, you are all amazing!

Wendy

Joni
11-14-2005, 10:23 AM
If money is not an issue...I'd buy a Marathon or clone for your youngest and either a Britax Parkway or Bodyguard for your oldest. They're all three very safe and very comfy. If funds are tight, go with a combo like the Evenflo Chase ($50-60) or Evenflo Bolero ($100) for your youngest and a Graco Turbo for your oldest. The Bolero turns into a nice booster later and is quite plush.
JONI CPST

Wen5dy
11-14-2005, 04:33 PM
I found a Decathalon and Parkway, and they even match, but wanted to check before I made the purchase. I am so confused at this point, but I hope I've made the right choice.

Thanks to anyone who responds.

Wendy

Joni
11-14-2005, 10:07 PM
That's exactly what I'd do. I'd love to have 2 seats that match too! The decathalon is a souped up version of the marathon and it's hard to beat the parkway, I think you'll be happy.
JONI CPST

Joolsplus2
11-15-2005, 12:18 PM
Sweeet! I love having matching seats, lol.

Sometimes the front adjuster of the DC is kind of sticky for a couple months till it breaks in, so it may not be as buttery smooth as your RA has been right from the beginning, but mostly I'm hearing they DO get more smooth, and turn out to be really just fine.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx