PDA

View Full Version : booster seats with 5-point harness

Loopy724
11-14-2005, 05:19 PM
My 2.5 year old twin boys are 30-33lbs and 37-38" tall. Currently, we are using the Evenflo Triumph V, but they will be reaching the height limit on those soon.

I want to get a booster seat for them that has a 5pt harness, but most (nearly all) that I have seen that has a weight limit of 40 lbs. The only ones I know of that go up to 65lbs is a Britax and the Costco Apex. The Britax is a bit pricy since we have to buy 2 of them. I have been doing searches about the Costco Apex, but I am not finding much info about them. Does anyone know of a site that will give me more information about them?

Does anyone know of another booster with 5pt harness that works past 40lbs?

Thanks!
Geri

Joolsplus2
11-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Up until about, oh, last week, Britax was *it* in this category :).. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, but have you seen the links to the Apex pictures I put in other posts? It's really the same as a big cosco, so if you've ever played with a cosco or eddie bauer seat before...not terribly well padded, and maybe a bit flimsy, but honestly safe, and easy enough to use properly and install well. Amazon finally has them, but no picture, and you should be able to find them at Toys R Us now to get a feel for them. As long as your car has headrests, it's a fine choice (it's not solid enough to support a tall child against whiplash injury without the seatback being behind the headrest).

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx