PDA

View Full Version : Joolsplus2- why Graco a junky booster?

jennifer13
11-16-2005, 01:45 PM
Hi Julie,

I was researching harness + booster seats for my 2.5 year old so that my infant can go in our RA, and I saw that you said the Graco Platinum Ultra or whatever it's called is an excellent harnessed seat but a junky booster. Why is that? It seems like the right seat at the right price for us, but I definitely want to use it as a booster. Thanks for your help, as always!

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03
and Leah 3/24/05

Joolsplus2
11-16-2005, 02:12 PM
Compared to dedicated boosters, which have nice side impact protective/sleeping headwings, armrests to hold the lapbelt lower in a crash, open belt guides to allow the seatbelt to always move freely (the cargo clamps the belt, which is not bad, but is more of a pain, and if done wrong can introduce lots of slack into the belt), and hold the belt ON the chest, even of small kids (the Cargo wings can actually hold the belt OFF the shoulder/chest of a smaller child), the Cargo is, in fact, junky :)...Dangerous? No, if the child fits properly... It's just that dedicated boosters do their job so much better (fit-to-child wise). But as a harnessed seat, the Cargo's terrific in most cars... and with a littler kiddo to hand it down to, you could use it harnessed for it's entire lifespan.

The Young Sport, also, in comparison, is just really NICE as a booster... it's really the first Combo that's ever been out that is excels at both harnessing and boostering.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx