PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Chase Deluxe help

Tori_s mom
11-20-2005, 09:03 AM
We just got this seat and cannot figure out how to get the harness straps repositioned. The instructions say to snap the rings flush against the back of the seat. My poor DH has two injuries from trying to do this. Anybody else have a problem with this? Thanks!

Tasha

Joolsplus2
11-20-2005, 09:58 AM
EVERYBODY has this problem (ok, one or two amazing people I've met have extremely strong fingers and lots of patience, they seem to not have this problem, rofl!)...it is one of the biggest time wasters at any carseat check I've ever gone to :P.... So we are *supposed* to be able to adjust a carseat without tools, but advise your DH to whip out a big screwdriver...the flat part is to pop the metal rings out of the holders (for future reference, since I guess you already have them out), and a little tapping will cram the rings back into the next holder up.

Good luck!!!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Tori_s mom
11-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Thanks so much, Julie! This works like a charm. What a crazy thing to do to a carseat, though...;) At least Tori likes the seat.

Tasha

Joni
11-20-2005, 09:29 PM
Yeah, when we had to do anything with those seats, we pulled out the big one and used the flat end to pop it out and the handle to tap it back in. For some reason my mom's Chase can be done with fingers but neither of the other two could.
JONI CPST