PDA

View Full Version : Cosco Apex or Britax Regent

champion2b
12-17-2005, 10:40 PM
DS is 40" and 39.5# and almost at the top slot under the shell of his RA. I purchased the Parkway for occasional use in dad's car (Honda Accord). I really like it and he's mature enough not to unbuckle and stay in position. I need a new carseat for our main vehicle (Honda Pilot) and want to keep him harnessed longer.

I missed purchasing a Husky before they were all gone and have been waiting for the Regent. My local Right Start store just got them in stock and was planning on checking it out in person and purchasing one this week. Now that the Apex is available I have another option.

I was looking all over the net for a spec sheet on the Apex. I haven't had any luck. Does anyone know what the height limit is on the internal harness of the Apex? The height limit on the booster of the Apex? I did see something about the height of the Apex must not be higher than the vehicle's headrest. The headrests are adjustable in the Pilot so I don't think that would be an issue. Right?

All comments and suggestions welcome.

momtoB
12-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Hi,
I don't have measurements but I have read posts from people who have actually seen the new Apex that it has the lowest top slots of all the higher-weight limit harnessing seats, if that helps.

You are correct about the headrest issue. Apparently the headrest on the Apex isn't strong enough to hold up on it's own in a crash so it *must* have a vehicle headrest behind it if the childs head is taller than the top of the seatback (w/o the headrest part). I hope that makes sense! It sounds like it won't be an issue with your Pilot at all seeing that your back seats have additional headrests.

hth.

***ETA: check these pics out: http://photobucket.com/albums/y247/cpsnisi/Cosco%20Safety%201st%20Apex/?action=view&current=IMG_1363.jpg
The first one on page 2 compares the Britax Husky (aka Regent) to the new Apex. The Husky has one more set of slots so allow for a few more inches of growing room than the Apex. hth. http://photobucket.com/albums/y247/cpsnisi/Cosco%20Safety%201st%20Apex/?