PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else with a little boy uncomfortable with the 5 point harness?

msboston
12-21-2005, 05:17 PM
hi there!

My 4 year old son is in the Britax Marathon and has been for over a year. I though he would go much longer but he is squirming and complaining that he is uncomfortable *between his legs* and really reacting strongly. I use the padded bumper again, I loosen as much as I feel is safe, but he still has to have his hand there to be comfortable. He is not uncomfortable in this way anywhere or anytime else. He is MISERABLE!!! Does anyone else have this experience? At 37 lbs 40.5 inches, can I move him safelt to teh Recaro Style booster?

Thanks for your help!

Stephanie

mommyto4
12-21-2005, 11:36 PM
Does your marathon have a second setting for the strap between his legs. If so, I would try moving that strap out so it doesn't fit quite as tight between his legs. Keeping him harnessed is the safest but I understand not wanting him to be miserable.
Melinda-mom to 4 & grandma to 1

Joolsplus2
12-22-2005, 12:18 PM
That's one of the shortfalls of the Marathon...only one crotch strap position, and it's only 6 inches out from the back of the seat (even the Roundabout has 7, the Regent is 7 and 8 or so, even the Decathlon has 3 slots...).

Great idea, though, too bad you don't work at Britax :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

mommyto4
12-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Oh well, I thought it was worth a try. My granddaughter is in a Decathlon and I hoped that the Marathon had the same crotch strap adjustments. I have always loved Britax seats but this seems like a downfall with the Marathon. Most of their seats are wonderful though and I'm sure the Marathon is too for most kids.
Melinda