PDA

View Full Version : Big 20 mo old? Regent/Husky or Radian as backup seat?

christiab
12-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Help--

I have a 37 lb, 37 in 20 month old son. He's currently in a Roundabout in my car (2004 Durango). I bought a Husky for my husband's '97 Grand Cherokee that only gets used occasionally right now.

I am happy w/ the Husky, but I am concerned about travel. We fly 4-5 times a year and I am NOT looking forward to lugging a Husky through the airport (plus we can't use it on the plane)!!

What do you guys think about suitable replacements for the Roundabout?
Should I get another Husky and lift weights before the trip, or should I look into a Radian (or something else)?

Thanks

Joolsplus2
12-23-2005, 08:20 AM
Nah, don't even consider bringing a Husky on a trip :P ;)
I'd call around to better baby stores and try to find a Radian (almost as heavy as a Husky, so go ahead and weight train, but it folds TINY)and/or Cosco Apex (I should know if that's FAA approved, but don't...) and see which would work best for you (maybe you'll get a month before that 40 pound mark gets hit so you can shop around a little). If you still fly a lot as he gets older, the RideSafer Travel Vest is really nice (for kids over about 3 or so), we love ours and can pack it in a carryon bag easily (he's a bit young now, but it's a good thing to know about for the future).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx