PDA

View Full Version : Britax BV or Regents?

jubuguls1
12-27-2005, 03:19 AM
We have a Yukon and I plan to purchase a BV for DS who is 15mo, 26lbs, 34in. We have captain seats so there is no middle seat. We previously had a MA & Husky (and loved both) but I was in an accident. Originally I was going to buy the same thing but I'm now debating between the Husky/Regents vs. BV for DD.

DD is 3 years, 38lbs, 38in. The Britax BV sounds safer with the SIP but it only goes up to 65lbs. In a couple of years would I need to purchase another seat? The Regent goes up to 85lbs so does it make sense to just purchase that now instead of the BV? Or is it safer to buy the BV and switch to a booster at 5-6years? I thought I read something about boosters possibly being safer than the Husky holding a 65lb+ child because no crash tests have been conducted on a 65lb+ passenger.

Safety is a key factor (after being in a rollover accident) but longevity is important too because these car seats are expensive. How much safer is the BV (with SIP) than the Regents?

Thanks for all the great advice on previous postings too!
Juliana

Aunt to sweet baby boy
12-27-2005, 10:21 AM
I personally would get a Regent. Being in a 5 pt harness is highly superior safety wise than being in a booster. Your dd is unable to use the RF abilities of the BV so i would go with the regent. You are going to need a higher weight seat with her so i would go with the seat that you know and loved rather than the seat your dd will outgrow sooner.

JMHO

Ilana