PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a carseat..plz!

bridgetb125
12-28-2005, 11:40 PM
My ds is 21 months old, 34 inches tall, and 41 pounds. I'm thinking my choices are either the britax marathon or the cosco apex. Any suggestions? I have a chevy cavalier and my two other kids are in graco turbo boosters. So, because of size restraints I think I have to go with either of those two. Is the apex just as good as the marathon? Is the marathon worth it to buy it now, when I don't know how long he'll fit in it? I would just go for the apex, but I am leary of the cosco name..too many recalls. What are your opinions?

Joni
12-29-2005, 11:23 AM
Personally, I think you have plenty of time left in the Marathon. My daughter is 42" and just about too tall. Cavalier's are pretty small seats and I'm not certain but I think the Apex is pretty wide so it would probably be wise to stick to a narrow seat, like the Marathon.
I wouldn't be too concerned about the Cosco name because Graco had a major recall on Snugrides at one point and until Graco came out with the SafeSeat, they were one of the most suggested infant seats on the market.
I'd got to BRU/TRU and try both seats out beceause you need to be able to buckle both Turbos in out board positions and you'll have a puzzle on your hands.
JONI CPST

Momof3Labs
12-29-2005, 02:44 PM
My DS is 42" and has tons more growing room in the Marathon (he just outgrew the Roundabout by height - long legs). The stated height limit for the Marathon is 49", though it obviously varies from child to child.