PDA

View Full Version : husky seat

colinsmom
01-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Hi All,

I am new to this but have been lurking for awhile. I got a Britax Husky online delivered yesterday and have a question re: installation. Do I not need the recline bar that came with it? According to the instructions, "The recline bar must be installed before using this restraint unless the tether is used". Well I take that to mean if it is hooked to the tether, the recline bar is not needed. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Tris

Hondatudinal
01-12-2006, 11:53 PM
Hi, I have a Husky seat (since July 2005) and think I recall wondering the same thing when reading the same thing! Frankly, I find this whole issue of when TO use and NOT TO use that recline bar a pain in the neck and sort of a silly design feature (would be better if it wasn't a easily-misplaced loose part!)

Anyway, I don't have the book handy since it's attached to the Husky, in our van. I always have to double-check this, and find that it's quite clear once I look up the particular install method I'm using at the time.

But I can reason through that right now, I have it installed WITH the long-path seatbelt routing and the top tether attached. I know the recline bar is stored with the spare tire. So it must have been when installing with LATCH that the recline bar needed to be installed.

I found that the seat moved side-to-side at the base more than it should when installed with the short belt-routing path. (smooth-bottomed seat on leather vehicle seat. Tightened the van's belt like crazy, but it still slid). However, when using the long-route belt path I find it is very solid. LATCH is equally solid, but WAY faster and easier to install than the long-path. (I just can't do it that way now, b/c I have Husky in 3rd row and LATCH anchors are only on the captain's chairs in 2nd row).