PDA

View Full Version : need advice re: Britax seat

colinsmom
01-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Hi All,

I just got a Husky for my very large 2 1/2 year old son (41 inches and 41 pounds). It fits fine in my Honda Accord. We need another seat for my husband's truck (Ford F150 SuperCab). We tried the Husky in the back seat (they aren't the full size backseats but do face forward). The Husky just seems too big back there. It hits the rear window and hangs over the seat. Also he got the tether kit installed and the directions say to loop the tether through the one directly behind the seat and then attach it to one of the ones on the side. When he pulls it tight it pulls the seat to the side.

What are our choices? Put the Husky seat in the front seat and turn off the airbag? (He can install the tether in the front seat). Or get a Marathon. Would the Marathon fit better in the back? Do you need the tether for the Marathon. I have to order these seats online cause there are no stores in my area that sell them.

Thanks so much,

Tris

momtoB
01-15-2006, 12:21 AM
According to the database: http://www.carseatdata.org/csnumbers.html#forward
The back height of the MA/Blvd/DC seat is 25.5" tall and the Husky is 28". I don't know that the MA *has* to be tethered however I do know that it really reduces head extrusion in a forward facing seat should there be a collision. It's really only 2nd to rear-facing, safety wise, so hopefully you can make it work.

I'm guessing besides the MA your only other option would be the Sunshine Kids Radian. I'm guessing there are no headrests in the backseat? If that's the case then that would probably rule the Cosco Apex out.

Sorry I can't help you more! I'm sort of in the same boat as it's hard to know what will work when none of the stores in my area carry the "good" car seats so I can try them out before buying. It sucks.