PDA

View Full Version : Thank you and another question...

abigailsmom
01-31-2006, 08:59 PM
Thank you to all of you who helped me calm down and helped me with ideas and facts.

Now to the hard part...
What seat to buy?

I have looked into several seats and I have narrowed it down (in order of least favorite to favorite:

1) Graco CarGo Ultra (or one of the like)
2) Evenflo Generations (or one of the like)
3) Recaro Young Sport

I am on a shoe-string budget, but I have a great friend who wants to help me get the best seat possible to keep Abigail safe. I can afford the Recaro YS, but since someone is helping me (MAN is that hard to admit) I want to get the safest (obvioulsy) and I want to make sure that the fabulous people here think that it is the best/worth the $.

Another thing that I guess I should mention is that I currently drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee, but in the next year or so I hope to downsize to a VW Jetta or something in that size class. I don't know if that makes a difference or not...

Thanks in advance and have a great evening!

murphydog77
02-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Hi. The Young Sport is the seat to have, hands down. It has the highest harness slots of the 3 you listed, so your dd won't outgrow the seat by height before she reaches 40 lbs., and it also will become the best booster seat of the bunch. Another nice feature of the YS that the other seats don't have is that you use the tether when it's in booster mode, so it's always attached to the vehicle. One drawback is that it's not FAA-approved (to my knowledge).

Yes, it's an extra $100-$150 more than the other seats, but it's worth it IMO.

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.CarSeatSite.com

abigailsmom
02-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Thank you so much!!! I also want to make sure that whatever my Xhusband buys is a good seat as well. He has her 2 weekends a month and drives her 3-5 hours each time on the interstate. I unfortunately know that her will not even consider paying the YS price, but do you think the Evenflo is the 2nd best choice for a less used seat?

Thanks again!!!

momtoB
02-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Hi, I'm not a CPST but I've been researching seats for a while and I think of the two other seats you listed, the Evenflo Generations/Bolero is the better choice (After the Recaro YS of course!). This is jmho but I think the Evenflo G/B makes a better BPB down the road because it has open belt loops at the shoulders. Just my 2cents fwiw! Happy car seat shopping.

murphydog77
02-03-2006, 08:59 PM
Exactly!

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.CarSeatSite.com

abigailsmom
02-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Thank you! That is what I thought also. Now to get her father to agree!!!!

Thanks again!