PDA

View Full Version : Convertible seat for Ford Expedition

nycmom13
02-06-2006, 11:59 PM
(Finally) moving to the suburbs. What suggestions do you have for a convertible car seat for my 3 year old dd - 32 lbs, 37 inches tall that will fit into the 4 year old Ford Expedition that I am inheriting (no Latch). Thanks!!

Aunt to sweet baby boy
02-07-2006, 12:08 AM
What is your price range for this seat? How tall is the child's torso? Have them sit on the floor against the walll and measure from the floor to the top of their shoulders.

Let us know and we can help you pick a good seat

Ilana

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/4koy/2.png

nycmom13
02-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Thanks. I definitely will tomorrow when my daughter is up.

nycmom13
02-16-2006, 12:44 AM
Sorry for delay in getting back (packing up apartment to get ready for move to suburbs). Price range = will pay what it takes to get something safe for my daughter (really worried about my driving abilities). My daughter's torso is 11 inches. Am I wrong or does it seem like the Britax Marathon is the only choice?

Aunt to sweet baby boy
02-16-2006, 01:44 AM
You have alot of choices IMHO

A combo seat- FF harness from 22-40 lbs and then becomes a BPB

A "big" Britax seat- MA/DC/BV- harness FF to 65 lbs- i would reccomend a Regent over a MA/DC/BV right now unless you have size constraints or have to fit more than one seat in the car because your child is too old to be RF so you might be better off getting the Regent

A Britax Regent/Husky- what i would reccomend if the finances are available, FF harness seat from 22-80 lbs, might last your dc until the seat expires in ~6 years depending on growth.

HTH

JMHO

Ilana

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/4koy/2.png

nycmom13
02-17-2006, 02:09 AM
I went crazy last night under extreme sleep deprivation. I bought the DC - I liked the idea of the three position bottom strap. Is the big difference between the DC and Regent the 65lb vs 80lb? Also, I bought the Compass folding booster for my husband's car. I am sure he is going to want to be able to stick it in his trunk when he doesn't need it and I was thinking it would be useful on trips.

Can someone tell me if this was a huge mistake and should I try to cancel my order?

Joolsplus2
02-17-2006, 07:32 PM
The Decathlon should be awesome (the adjuster might be sticky and hard to pull for a month or two, though). The Compass... um... not so much... it is a generally poor fit for such a tiny kiddo, but see how it is, and maybe stick it away till she's bigger (not too much bigger, the back is really short and even small kids outgrow it before they are ready for the seatbelt alone...). The Parkway fits smaller kids better, and is light and small enough for the trunk, you may want to consider it, or a Graco Platinum Cargo or Evenflo Generations (she's so teeny, you can keep her harnessed for a couple more years in those, but if she's really barely in dad's car, a booster isn't like a horrible thing as long as he reminds her to sit properly in it at ALL times).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

nycmom13
02-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the fast and very detailed reply! I feel better now about the DC purchase - which is the most important one. I guess I got caught up in the foldable aspect of the Compass. I don't think I can cancel my internet order, so I guess I will see how it looks and then purchase something else if it doesn't work out. Thanks!!!

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
02-18-2006, 02:28 PM
I agree... with Jules that the DC is an excellent seat... but the compass is probably not the best choice... however you can always return it or sell it on ebay.

Kat