PDA

View Full Version : Recaro Young style vs Britax Bodyguard?

goodmom
02-13-2006, 11:15 PM
My Daughter is 5yrs and 39lbs in a Britax RA--which I love but it is time for a booster. I have a '99 Town and Country. It seems the Recaro requires a 3 point safety belt and I don't really know what this means. My van has shoulder/lap belts that do not lock except when braking. My RA seats have those clips on the side that secure the belt. Is this what is meant by a "lockoff"?
Is the bodyguard an old seat replaced by the parkway? It seems as though they are both well made. I love britax stuff but if the recaro is better than I would choose that.
Any and help is appreciated.

Joolsplus2
02-17-2006, 07:44 PM
I really love the parkway better than the Bodyguard...the Bodyguard would only lock the belt on her lap, anyway, which wouldn't be much help in your car, IMO (since your lapbelts already lock, anyway). If you want to really clamp her in, you can look at the Recaro Start, which has a shoulderbelt lockoff (optional for kids over 40 pounds, otherwise it can move freely in the guide).

So, long story short, the Parkway, Young Style, or Start would all be terrific seats, I think (any way you can find them in real life and have your DD check them out? Some kids have definite preferences...)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
02-18-2006, 02:32 PM
the 3-point means 3 points of protection... which is your shoulder/lap belt combo... one point on each side of the child and one at the shoulder...

Kat