PDA

View Full Version : Husky versus Regent

enc3
02-20-2006, 09:16 PM
Hi,

Based on previous advice, I had decided to buy two Regents. I did see that Huskies are on sale which would be a huge savings - $140 dollars cheaper for the two. I don't really care about the fabric or pattern, but I do want to be sure that the two models are the same in every other respect. I've read in this forum that the Regent is essentially the same as the Husky, except with updated patterns. Is this the only difference? I was also thinking that if the Husky has been around longer, then any recall issues will have already been identified, unlike the Regent.

Emily

j4m4d8
02-20-2006, 11:29 PM
There are some minor differences, but nothing that would be a big deal.

What may be of concern to you is that the Husky will have a summer 2005 manufacture date at the latest, so you will get 5 1/2 years of use out of it instead of the full 6 years. For most people that would not matter, but it all depends on your plans for them.

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
02-21-2006, 12:15 AM
yeah... for 4yr olds and up, it probably isn't a biggie... but for 2yr olds... an extra six months could mean a lot.

kat

christiab
02-21-2006, 06:36 PM
I have a Husky and a Regent. The main difference is the cover. (FWIW, I like my funky denim Husky better!) The Regent comes w/ different fabrics and mesh cup holders. Installation is the same and so is the fit. Supposedly there's a difference in the tethers, but I couldn't tell.

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
02-21-2006, 09:50 PM
the only difference with the tether is that the Regent's is slightly higher.

both seats are great... I love the Funky Denim, too... so soft... but I'm loving the Onyx for the color... it goes so well with my interior... plus, my son adores it.

Kat