PDA

View Full Version : Too tall for roundabout..

pparrothead2002
02-24-2006, 09:27 PM
My daughter who will be 2 next month is getting to big for her roundabout. She is 36 inches tall and 34 lbs. She is too young for a booster so I'm looking for suggestions? Possibly the Britax marathon or decathalon?
Thanks

Scatterbunny
02-24-2006, 10:38 PM
How is she too tall for it? Are her shoulders above the top harness slots? Are the tips of her ears above the top of the seat shell? Those are the only two ways to outgrow a forward-facing harnessed seat.

Still, she is big for her age, both heightwise and weightwise, so yes, I would strongly recommend a higher weight limit harnessed seat. Those would be the Britax Marathon, Decathlon, Boulevard and Husky/Regent, the Sunshine Kids Radian and the Cosco Apex.

How long do you want to keep her harnessed? Kids should be at least 4 years old, preferably 5-6, before going into a belt positioning booster. The 65 pound weight limit seats (all but the Husky/Regent) should take almost all kids to at least age 4, usually 5-6. The Husky/Regent usually lasts most kids to age 8-10.

pparrothead2002
02-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. Her shoulders are not quite above the harness slots..by next month they probably will be. She is just starting to look squished in the seat so we figured we better start looking. We would like to keep her harnessed until 4. We are going to try out the Britax models today. I've heard poor reviews about the safety of cosco carseats. I will look into the Radian.
Thanks again