PDA

View Full Version : Does Regent work in Odessey & Sienna?

AvaMom
03-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Hello,

Thank you all very much for this site, it is incredibly helpful!

I have a big 2 1/2 year old DS in a Roundabout (he's 38# and tall) just about to outgrow the RA by weight and shoulder height... little sister is inheriting the RA.

I've settled on the Regent for DS due to his big size, young age, and our desire to keep him harnessed as long as possible. Currently we have a Camry and the RA and Regent should both fit OK in backseat (RA will be rear-facing).

HOWEVER, We are planning to get a mini-van in couple of months, either Honda Odessey or Toyota Sienna. I see the Regent must have tether once he reaches about 45 pounds (or was it 50?), and I believe also must use the vehicle belts instead of the latch after this weight?? Anyway, wondering if anyone knows of any problems putting a Britax Regent in one of these vans.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Joolsplus2
03-03-2006, 04:50 PM
www.carseatdata.org should have at least a few entries, but yes, the Regent will totally fit in those vans (just to clear up the numbers, you can use LATCH till 48 pounds, and you MUST top tether over 50...but of course you should always top tether when possible...that's just 'the rules' lol).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx