PDA

View Full Version : Deciding between the Turbo Booster & the Evenflo Big Kid Deluxe

lindsey
04-02-2006, 11:47 AM
I need some help. I'm chosing a booster for my daughter and I'm down to these 2. She will not even sit in the Parkway in the store because she Hates the side head wings. The Turbo Booster's are not as large and don't wrap around the head so much, so she was OK with those. She is extremely independent and grown-up for her age and would like to learn how to buckle herself in. People that I know that have the Turbo Booster complain that it is hard to buckle with the armrests that don't flip up and they say it's harder for the child to get in and out of. So.. I was set to buy the Big Kid seat until I saw the funky way that it adjusts to get taller as the child grows. In the Big Kid seat the adjustment comes at the back/waist level not the headrest. I thought it was weird because when raised, the lower back would have no support. Any ideas about this? My first opinion was a negative one, but I have nothing really to go on. I know that the Turbo Booster probably is a little safer, but we do have the side curtain airbags in our mini van. I wanted to head off a struggle with the buckling issue(since I know how frustrating it can be for her), however I want her to be safe. We did see the gray/lavender Turbo and it had tons of padding and she thought it was "beautiful". Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. You guys are so great!! :)

mominma
04-10-2006, 03:05 PM
My son actually has one of each seat and he has no problem buckling himself in. We have had the Turbobooster longer, but when we were buying a seat for my husband's car he thought the headlights and pillow were pretty neat, so we bought one.

Melissa
DS 9/00
DD 3/03
It's a GIRL 8/30/05

lindsey
04-10-2006, 08:09 PM
What do you think about the way it adjusts...from the seat instead of the headrest area? Do you think when they get taller there will be enough lower back support? I thought it was more comfortable than the Turbo Booster, but the lack of support in the back area as the child grows taller has me a little concerned.