PDA

View Full Version : britax regent in VW jetta

suskyre
04-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Hi,
I'm so glad I found this forum, it really helped me make an informed decission (and I learned about harnessing over 40lb, I had no idea!).
My daughter (4 years, 35lb, 40"), is currently in a Roundabout in our Jetta (the main car) and still has about 1" to go before her shoulders reach the top slots. She has outgrown the Cosco convertible seat we have in our old '90 Explorer (this is our second car, only used for short rides). I want to keep her harnessed as long as possible and am probably going to go with the Regent. I was thinking of buying the Regent now and putting it in the Explorer until she outgrows her Roundabout. Then I would switch the Regent into the Jetta and get a booster (Parkway) for the Explorer.
Does anyone have experience with putting the Regent in a Jetta? I'm a bit worried about the width. Would we be able to fit it in the center position and still have someone sit in the side position? Or is the Regent bulky enough (for side impact), that I can feel good about putting it in the side position?
Thank you very much
Susanne