PDA

View Full Version : Compass B500 or Parkway Booster Seat?

Lexiesmom
05-14-2006, 08:13 AM
My daughter will be 5 in August, we have three cars and need to purchase a new carseat for my husbands. Since she is going on 5 and about 34-36 lbs, I was thinking about a booster seat, currently leaning towards the Compass B500 or the Britax Parkway.

First, is she old enough to use a booster seat, is she safe? She sits nicely in her car seats, doesn't get out. She also tends to fall asleep in the car. If a booster seat is okay, what is the recommended booster? Really need to know what is the best two booster seats, forgetting cost.

Thanks,
Ellen

Joolsplus2
05-15-2006, 02:22 PM
I prefer the Parkway over the Compass, just for the better headrest, but she should fit well in both of them...the Parkway is much taller and will last much longer, but if you love the Compass, it'll certainly last a decent amount of time.
If she can sit properly (always keeping her shoulderbelt on her shoulder, not falling asleep sideways out of the booster) then yes, she'll be very safe.
If there's any way you can try these seats out before you buy them, I'd recommend it...sometimes the belt guides work better or worse in different cars and it's easier to find out first (but they both work fine in the majority of cars and I'm not autmatically predicting that the belt guides will twist or clamp your shoulderbelt the wrong way, if you know what I mean?)

The Safeguard GO is also an awesome seat...it harnesses up to 60 pounds and becomes a booster later that LATCHes into the car (twice as much, but easy to travel with...it does require a top tether). Just thought I'd mention it, anyway :)
:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Lexiesmom
05-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Hi Julie,

I've never heard of the Safeguard Go, how does this compare the to the Parkway? I really want one that offers the best safety measures for my daughter. I have owned Britax in the past, the RA and have the Boulevard in my car.

I also need a booster seat that is portable for play dates when my daughter goes with her friends mom -- I'm thinking that the Safeguard Go won't work since it has the tethers - so now I'm thinking of buying two - one for my husband's car and then one to use for friends cars.

I like the Safeguard and the Parkway, I'm thinking the safeguard is better seat. The only drawback is that you can only buy it online so I can't try it out first.

Thanks,
Ellen