PDA

View Full Version : Booster Car Seats-which is best??

Cindder
05-20-2006, 06:20 AM
I am sorry to ask this question that has probably been asked before, but everyone has been such a big help to me in making my purchase decisions! My oldest son is ready for a booster seat and I am not sure which one would be the best(safety 1st, and comfort). I have been reading through the posts and it seems that either Britax or the Recaro are considered the favorites? My son is 40 pounds and just over 40 inches.

Thanks so much for all your help, once again!!

postmodernmommy
05-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Hi!
We have our daughter (just turned 4, 39" 38 lbs) in the Britax Regent but she ALSO has a booster, used when needed (extra seat, traveling, Grandma's car, hauling a friend around, etc). We went with the Recaro Young Style because of how plush & comfy it was. I liked how deep the TSIP head wings were. I think you can't go wrong with either, maybe try your child in each and see what might work better. The Recaro is $50 more if price is an issue. Britax Parkway has better colors/patterns (especially at elitecarseats.com), Recaro is more plush. The cup holder on the Parkway is almost useless, it's not deep enough. They're both great seats IMO. Good luck with your decision!

Amy

Cindder
05-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Thank you. I will try both to see what feels better. I know the Britax goes to 100lb's. How important in that compared to 80lbs? Curious, what does IMO stand for?

Thanks,

momtoB
05-20-2006, 07:53 PM
IMO=in my opinion, IMHO=in my Humble opinion, JMHO=just my humble opinion, hth=hope this helps :)

It's recommended children are boostered (or in an appropriate size harnessed seat for their weight) until they're at least 4'9" tall, some states say 4'9"/57" OR 8yrs old whichever comes first. I would imagine after eight yrs old, it's prbly hard to get a kid to agree to stay in any type of car seat, safety issues aside.

I would think the higher weight limit would be important if you have a child that is on the upper end of the growth charts, weight-wise. They would be less likely to outgrow it before they're tall enough to sit correctly in a regular seatbelt w/out the booster.

hth!
Cheryl
ds-4/03 (still harnessed, r/fing, in a Britax Blvd)

Cindder
05-21-2006, 06:36 AM
OIC...

Thanks for all your help!