PDA

View Full Version : a fourth Britax?

mom2nicholas
05-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Hi ladies,

I have a 3 1/2 year old son, 38" and 35 lbs, and a 10 month old daughter (don't know weight and height, but she's 50th %ile all around), and two cars. Right now, ds has a Britax MA in each car, and dd has a rear-facing Britax BV in one car, but we need to get another seat so both children can ride in either car (once dd starts 'school' in a month).

So do we get a fourth Britax car seat (by that I mean a Boulevard), or should we move ds to some sort of booster seat and use one of his MA's for dd?

I do want to keep him harnessed as long as possible...

Thanks so much!

Marcela
(mom to Nicholas and now also Caroline)

Aunt to sweet baby boy
05-21-2006, 10:14 PM
What about getting the baby a Cosco Serena. It is RF to 35 lbs and FF to 40, has a fairly tall back and is a very lightweight seat. I woudl not move your son to a combo seat because he is 35 lbs and most have a 40 lb weight limit, so he would outgrow the seat fairly quickly. If you want to get a Britax i would either get a BV or a Regent for your older son. At his height and weight I would get a Regent because it will last so much longer. I would move him to the BV in the other car and move the baby to the MA's that you have. This is because she is RF so she has extra protection already and i would rather see a FF child in the BV.

JMHO

HTH

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/060403/hfNw.jpg[/img]http://b2.lilypie.com/h2bbm7/.png[/img][/url]

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
05-24-2006, 10:33 PM
What I would do is get an Evenflo Bolero for your son and give one of his Marathons to your daughter.

He won't be 40lbs for some time still and the Bolero's top slots are the same height... it also makes a really good booster.

Just remember that, when the Marathons expire, you'll want to get another spare seat for your daughter... who knows what all will be out then... so this will buy you more time before you might really need to make a big purchase.

Kat