PDA

View Full Version : Which Evenflo Booster?

psophia17
06-05-2006, 01:16 PM
(x-posted in Baby Bargains car seat forum)

My options are the Traditions, Generations, or Chase (I'm trying to find the cushy version in Canada, but so far have only found the uncushy version).

DS is 37" tall, 36lbs, has very thick thighs (in the older model Evenflo combo booster we have, his thighs always have red welts on them after longer than a few minutes).

momtoB
06-05-2006, 03:58 PM
The Generations/Bolero has an adjustable headrest and can be used as a bpb up to 4'9" tall. All three have 40lbs weight limits though. Unless in Canada they are rated to a higher weight for harnessing? I really don't know enough about these things. :) I was thinking that at 36lbs and only 2-1/2yrs, a higher weight limit seat would probably be a better option as a 40lb weight limit seat very likely won't last you until 4yrs old. :(

kellyotn
06-05-2006, 04:51 PM
They are rated to 47 or 48 in Canada vs. 40 in the US. Canada requires top tethering, and their testing methods include that, whereas in the US our testing doesn't required it. They also say that Canadian seats are slightly different, though I can't recall how.

Marathons, however, are only rated to 48 in Canada vs. 65 in the US. Again, just different rules and testing.

momtoB
06-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the explanation. Too bad they don't have the higher weight limits here in the U.S. Well my ds is a lightweight so it really wouldn't affect him but I'm sure a lot of other people would benefit from that!

Cheryl
ds-4/03 (30#)