PDA

View Full Version : The Britax Marathon Arrived today - I'm a Convert!

TracyBee
06-10-2006, 12:59 PM
WOW is all I can say! We've had DD (almost 3) in an Evenflo Triumph (for our cars) and an Evenflo Titan for MIL's car. MIL said that DD had outgrown the Titan and when I was searching for a replacement seat for her car, I came across the Marathon sale at amazon (K-State pattern). So, I bought a replacement for all three cars.

This is the most amazing seat - I thought I loved the Triumph but the Marathon just doesn't even compare! It's so soft and comfy and installed perfectly the first time without having to make any kind of adjustments whatsoever - no noodle, no rolled up towel - nothing! It doesn't budge even a centimeter.

I always thought that Britax was way overpriced and never even considered one until I saw the Marathon on sale at Amazon. My kids will never ride in anything else - even if I have to pay full price. If you're considering getting a Britax - don't hesistate - you'll love it!

A BIG THANKS to Kellyotn!!!!!

kellyotn
06-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Yeah! I'm sooooo glad you like them. :)

The Triumph is nice, a good friend had one that I've played with, but its just pretty darn short (for both RF and FF).

Are they RF or FF? I'm thinking RF because you talk about not needing noodles...? (noodles are for RF only).

Anyways, if they are RF, here's a good RF tether site if you need it
http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/isakswings/ratetherrf.html

I was impressed with the Univ cover too, they are definitely puffier than my cowmoos. At first I thought maybe they were just flattened from use, but I have cowmoo shoulder pads that have never been used and they were WAY thinner.

I was thinking about sewing a fleece flower over the Wildcat. ;)

TracyBee
06-10-2006, 01:41 PM
She's FF, but the seats in my truck are slanted way back - I had to use a rolled up towel to fill up the space so the Triumph bottom would sit flat and angle correctly - does this make sense? Otherwise it was reclining way too much. Maybe I was doing something I shouldn't have? I thought FF shouldn't recline back more than 45 degrees?

Now, my daughter just needs to get back from being out of town to test out her plush new ride - lol! Although, when we were looking at seats in Target (before I made the original post here) I did pull down the Marathon (very last) and it was the only seat which she proclaimed was SOOOOOO comfy! Little stinker - knew more about carseats at 3 than I know about them at 29!

kellyotn
06-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Its my understanding (I'm not a tech, just a junkie) that no you cannot use ANYTHING under FF seats to fill up space. :( So, I'm glad the MA worked better.

I posted about the MA install FF in my DH's truck. Those seats are very flat (both the back and the seat), but at a sharp angle to each other. The back is vertical and the seat bottom is much higher at the edge than at the bight (seat-crack). I just CRAMMED the front part of the Marathon into the truck's seat to keep it from being super reclined. The front part of the seat is sunk way way in, and the back part is in contact, but with a lot less force.

With the Scenera that was there previously, it was pretty reclined as that base wasn't very conducive to going in any other way.

The RF seat in the truck does require 2-3 noodles to fill the void at the bight.

mommyto4
06-11-2006, 12:16 AM
I'm so glad that you are happy with your seats. I fell in love with Britax eight years ago when we bought a Freeway for our then 1 year old daughter. Since then, we have bought two Roundabouts (one when our 7 1/2 year old outgrew her infant seat at 5 months, and one when our 6 year old son outgrew the infant seat at 4 months), and two Huskies (which we still own). My 7 1/2 year old and 6 year old both still use the Huskies as their main seats. I love the quality, ease of use, and comfiness of all the Britax seats that we have owned. Anyway, I'm glad that you are happy. They are great seats. My grandchildren are also in Britax seats (Roundabout and Decathlon).
Melinda---mom to Sarah, Kaylee, Jayci, & Davis
----------grammy to Trevor & Katie

Joolsplus2
06-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Yeah, nothing at all should go under a forward facing seat (except a THIN seat mat or shelf liner if necessary)...if you need noodles or towels under a Forward Facing seat, that's evidence of incompatibility.

I remember my first Britax...I had the same 'a ha' happiness you are having now, even though I never actually hated my Evenflo or Century or Graco seats (I spent more money on cheap seats than I ever would have spent if I'd just bought the Britax first, d'oh!)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx