PDA

View Full Version : 2nd car seat

ktmce
06-16-2006, 11:55 AM
I need a new car seat. Currently have a Britax Roundabout for my 2 yo, and I have a 7 mo that needs to move into a bigger seat. My kids are tall and tend to outgrow everything fast. I was looking at the varoius Britax seats to put my 2 yo into and move my 7 mo into the roundabout. What is the dif. b/w the Boulevard, decathalon and marathon? The seats will pretty much stay in the 1 vehicle, so travel is not a big deal. Which car seat would be best? I was looking at the Britax mostly for safety and fitting big kids longer, but am open to other brands. Thanks in advance for the help!

Sorry, I know this question is almost the same as all the other posts!!

momtoB
06-16-2006, 12:09 PM
I have a Boulevard. The main difference between the BV and the DC/MA is the True side impact protection and no rethread harness adjuster.

The Marathon is the most basic of the three (and the least expensive, typically) but you have a lot of options when it comes to covers.

The DC has the infant body pillows and adjustable crotch strap (not a big deal for older infants and toddlers, I hear). It has a push button harness adjuster (like the RA's I think) instead of the MA/BV's pull-tab style one. I have also read some users experienced problems with the seatbelt lockoffs.

I really love my BV and have never regretted my purchase. I was lucky though and found one on sale for $239 last year so at least I didn't have to pay full price! :)

There are a few other options out there too: check out the Niche Seat section at http://www.carseatsite.com/recommended_car_seats.htm

hth!

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
06-16-2006, 09:17 PM
I would get the Boulevard, hands down... I so wish that it had been out when I'd gotten my MA 2yrs ago... cause I just love it.

My only wish is that they had it in pretty patterns like the MA and even like the ones on the Decathalon, though they aren't much better.