PDA

View Full Version : New Camry. Apex in the middle?

Spencers Mom
07-03-2006, 06:41 AM
Just bought it this weekend. (I miss the Tahoe already. But I guess I'll miss it less next time I fill up!) I've not tried the seat in the middle yet but want to know... if it does fit okay do we have to use the seatbelt or do we use the latch hooks from the other two positions? The manual doesn't really say. It's got the anchor for the tether in the middle position so I assume it's okay to put it there if it fits properly?

I SO hope it fits. My son can see basically NOTHING with it on the side. The side window is just too high. We're spoiled to the Tahoo. He could see everything! Did I mention I miss the Tahoe. lol

Alison

j4m4d8
07-03-2006, 09:02 PM
The only way you can use the side LATCH anchors for the center seat is if BOTH the car and the car seat manual specifically say you can. You'll need to install it with the seatbelt, and it's best to top tether it also.

kellyotn
07-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Yep. No using the lower anchors from the sides. It should install with a seatbelt just fine in the center.

Top tethering is highly recommended. :)

Spencers Mom
07-04-2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks! The manual from the car seems mostly useless. A bunch of pictures with no real explanations and EVERYTHING is in a big yellow caution box. I guess they understand how important it is to install the seat properly but just don't know how to tell you to use it with their car! We'll definitly use the tether. It makes me mad that so many people are too lazy to use that. In the Tahoo it was a real pain- but people, come on this is your child we're talking about.
Thanks again - Alison