PDA

View Full Version : What age do you use a booster ?

TraciG
08-04-2006, 03:02 PM
what's the age & weight ??

momtoB
08-04-2006, 05:06 PM
The *minimum* recommendation is 4yrs and 40lbs however a 5-pt harness is safer so if you can keep your kiddo harnessed past those minimums then that is better.

Also, most high-back boosters have a minimum weight requirement of 30lbs. This is to accomodate tall and skinny kiddo's that are old & mature enough to sit in a bpb (again, usually after age 4) but might just be too tall for a harnessed car seat. I can see my ds fitting into this category. He's currently 3yrs, 3mos old and only 31lbs. He's got between 1-2" before he outgrows his Britax Blvd by height. I'm hoping (knock on wood, cross my fingers! lol) that his height growth will be in his legs for the most part over the next 1-1/2 to 2yrs because I'd like him to be at least 5 before I put him in a bpb. At his current growth rate he will be 6-7 before he reaches 40lbs.

hth...

Cheryl
ds-4/03

TraciG
08-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Sydney is 37 lbs & not even 3 ! I feel like her belt is hard to close, tight already, we have the Evenflo Triumph .

Joolsplus2
08-05-2006, 09:44 AM
That's not a very tall seat, and she's creeping up on the weight limit... time to start shopping for something with a higher weight limit and taller top harness slots, you will definitely need them (Britax Regent/Marathon/Decathlon/Boulevard or Cosco Apex/Alpha Elite or Sunshine Kids Radian are all good choices for your next seat up... any plain booster without a harness...Parkway, Turbo, etc, would NOT be the safest choice for her yet).

Lots of posts on all of these harnessed seats, so try reading down a page or two :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx