PDA

View Full Version : safest option for my child

katallan3
08-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Honestly, I've looked at so many posts on this board and the baby board and I'm still so confused as to what is the safest option for my child.
My DD is currently in a roundabout; but, I have a one year old DS that I would like to use the roundabout because he is currently in a roundabout that was given to me and it is around 6 yrs old. So, my DD is 3 1/2, 35 - 37 lbs and 38 1/2 inches. Probably outgrowing the roundabout soon anyway. I was going to get the Parkway, but the things I've read seem to say she is too young for that. So, I was leaning towards the Regent (not sure it'll fit in my car, I have a Range Rover) and it doesn't have the head wings that seem to be important for protecting the head. Is there something else I should be looking at? Is the Regent the safest option? Thanks for any input. I'm really just wanting the safest thing for my kids :).

mommyto4
08-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Britax Marathon, Decathlon, or Boulvard would be great. The Boulevard has the wings you talk about. The others don't have wings but are still very safe. They all harness to 65 pounds and are alot taller than the Roundabout. It lasts to age 6 or so for most kids then you could pass it down to your son and get your daughter a good booster. Other seats you could try would be the Sunshine Kids Radian, Apex 65, and SafeGuard seat. Maybe someone else will chime in with more options.

kellyotn
08-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Since you have a younger child too, I agree that one of the big Britaxes would be nice. In a couple years, the younger will be needing a new seat (outgrown or expired RA), so she can take over the MA/etc and you can revisit the booster issue and determine if your older is "old enough" at that point, or go with the Regent. The Regent would also be able to be handed down to the younger at some point. :)

xmasbabycomin
08-14-2006, 01:31 AM
My son is a big 3-yr-old and he has the Regent (as
my infant needed his MA). We love it!. If you're going
to get DD another seat, why not get the one that will
last the longest? I was not impressed with the Apex IRL, and
I had read mixed reviews of the Radian (hard to install).
BTW, I got mine at Target.com
when they had a free shipping deal + I used a coupon.
I was not impressed with the Apex IRL, and

xmasbabycomin
08-14-2006, 01:33 AM
PS. Regent doesn't have the headwings like the BLVD, but I don't think the headwings are that important. Plus a lot of Toddlers don't like them since they get in the way of their view. It fits in
my Passat,so it shoud fit ina Range Rover