PDA

View Full Version : MomtoB - another question for you

tripletmommy2002
08-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Tell me more about reinforcement at the headrest - this is something I was was wondering since we are out of headrest in our SUV and shoulder straps unless I put back in the third row in our 98' Exp. My littest DD- 3 wt 29.9 lbs and 38.28 in will be in the center with no headrest. What is it that I should be looking for when we do upgrade to a booster?

momtoB
08-14-2006, 09:57 PM
I just mentioned it in regards to the Apex because that seat in particular I know doesn't have a reinforced headrest. It is outgrown by height when the tips of the childs ears reach the top of the vehicle seatback/headrest. When you're in the market, I would look for a booster that allows for the child to outgrow the seat by height when the tips of the ears reach the top of the booster head rest. I believe the other boosters you're looking at ie. Parkway, Compass, all have reinforced headrests so they would be safe to use in the middle position w/no vehicle headrest. Always check the car seat owners manual and follow directions of course. I'm sure one of the CPST's here can give more info than me.

hth.