PDA

View Full Version : Britax Boosters: Parkway vs. Bodyguard

brubeck
08-18-2006, 05:34 PM
I got a Britax Bodyguard for my 5.5 year old almost 2 years ago. We love it and it has worked out very well for us. Now I notice that this seat is no longer listed on the Britax website. Don't they make it anymore? Instead they have this Parkway booster. It looks bulkier and seems not to have lockoff clips so why is it more expensive? Is one seat better than the other?

Please help!

Joolsplus2
08-19-2006, 02:37 PM
The Parkway is a lot easier to use, and it weighs less, and the wings have been redesigned so they don't clamp kids' heads quite as tightly... if your kid doesn't mind the lockoffs, doesn't feel squished, and doesn't need a flimsy cupholder, then keep the Bodyguard (the clamps were only because the seat weighed too much for government standards, the Parkway is at or under the 'legal' 9 pound weight limit).
I think the parkway feels a bit flimsier, but it's my kids' favorite seat (SO easy to buckle, no armrests at all!)...and remember, we LOVED our Bodyguards... no real huge complaints with either one, the PW is just a smidge better, like I said, if you are having any issues with the BG.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx