PDA

View Full Version : RECARO?!

Suzanica
09-25-2006, 04:39 PM
The time has come to move our 5 y/o into a booster seat. Took a ride to Buy Buy Baby to purchase a stroller and browsed through boosters and came across the RECARO. I couldnt believe how pricey it was albeit it felt quite solid. Is there anything I should know about this seat...record safety ratings maybe? LOL. We have a 2006 Honda Oddyssey and the booster seat will be in the third row center (latch) with not much room to spare.
Thanks for any and all info.
Suzanna

Joolsplus2
09-26-2006, 09:16 AM
The Recaro Start or Young Style or Young Sport? lol... I have the Start and love it, but no way can we use it in the middle of the back of our Ody..it completely blocks my view, so I have to use it outboard. My ds is nine and likes it, but actually prefers to be harnessed in his Regent.
If you have LATCH you should look at the Jane Indy Plus if you can find one of those to try out (it is a little sticky on shoulderbelts sometimes).

The Britax Parkway is by far the easiest booster to buckle, if he's in the back and you're maybe going to have to lean back and help him, he might get proficient with a Parkway faster than anything else.

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx