PDA

View Full Version : Safeguard Go combo/booster or Regent?

Milos Mommy
09-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Hi everyone,
Just want to say that this message board is SO HELPFUL!!! Everyone is so knowledgeable and willing to share their time and information, thanks!

I have a DS who is 2yrs 9mos and is 39" tall and 38#. He is very mature for is age and we've drilled into him that the car doesn't go unless everyone is buckled up! He's even reminded me, "Mom, don't forget to buckle up!" :) His Roundabout has just been handed down to his 6mos old brother (who is 30" and 22#). I purchased a second marathon for the little one to ride in, but it has gone into dad's car for the older one, as DH is now dropping him off at preschool three days a week. Currently the older one is riding in the two marathons and the little one rides in the roundabout in my car and *gasp* his infant seat when he's in Daddy's :( He is clearly too big for his infant seat and we need to remedy this soon!
I was wondering if the Safeguard Go is a better option than the Regent for the older DS and put the younger one in the marathon? The regent has great reviews but it seems to be so big, I'm concerned that it will be really too big for him now, where as the Go looks a little smaller and then eventually turns into a backless booster.
What is the quality of the materials of the Go? Will it actually last that long?
Any thoughts will be so helpful.

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
09-30-2006, 01:04 PM
I would go with a Regent. The Go wouldn't buy him anymore time than the Marathon and I know my daughter, who will be 3 in March and is a little smaller than your son is comfortable in the Husky her brothers have just passed down.

mommyto4
09-30-2006, 04:35 PM
How about a Scenera for the baby and leave your older son in his Marathons.