PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for booster seat for second car that won't be used as much?

kjbella
10-11-2006, 09:57 AM
I need a second booster seat for my 4 year old 41 pounds and tall for his age (can't remember the exact dimensions) son. He's most often in my car (Chevy Tahoe) and sits in the Cosco Apex with the shoulder lapbelt. However once I go back to work from maternity leave, he'll be riding in an older Pontiac Bonneville twice a week (just in the mornings). What sort of seat wouldn't totally break the bank but would also keep him well-protected? I was thinking of the Britax Parkway for a second seat (or even the primary seat) but I hate to spend $100 on a seat that he'll only ride in two days a week (and just two mornings at that). Is there anything in the $50 range that won't compromise his safety?

Edited to add that next year we plan on purchasing a minivan with side-impact airbags. But that's not for another year. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Joolsplus2
10-11-2006, 01:07 PM
I'd look for a sale on the Parkway... mainly because it's the tallest seat available, and it'll last longer than a Turbo or Big Kid...it's also easiest to use. Remember most crashes happen close to home, so don't be lulled into a false sense of security by 'short trips'.

The Turbo is 'ok', not unsafe, not tested as well for side impacts, and definitely shorter...but then, it was $40 at Target last week (maybe you can find that kind of sale again somewhere else?)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx
www.joolstag.myarbonne.com