PDA

View Full Version : Install Radian 65 question (yup me again)

nyholli
10-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Thank you for all your help and comments!

Ok, so the Radian 65 is in. The install was soooooo easy in my 98 Camry (no latch, no anchor). Put my weight into it (and after 2 of these guys, I've got enought )

Thought I have one issue to address. My very soon to be 5 yr old, is a car sleeper and fell asleep right away, so it must be comfortable, but his head is tipping forward real bad. So... do any expert have any tips on what I can do to put a little tilt into this. I think I just need it to recline just a little, little bit. Anyone who has a camry knows that the seats bottoms and backs are very straight and no bucket at all to them.

Can I put a towel behind it or under it get a little recline so his head will not fall forward. He didn't have this problem in his old car seat, which is a cosco, (old model, no bells and whistles, but I don't know the model, did have the front strap to adjust harness, blue checked fabric, but NO padding at all.

Any thoughts of what I can do without taking away from the safety of the seat?? Thanks so much for all your help, I have learned so much and my heart thanks you.

-Drea

Joolsplus2
10-18-2006, 12:21 AM
Silly question, but did you try the recline function of the Radian? There's a hard to adjust bar at the bottom of the front that you adjust and voila, some recline appears (if I recall correctly, it's kind of a struggle to yank it out to get that voila moment, though).

Definitely no towels under a forward facing seat.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx
www.joolstag.myarbonne.com