PDA

View Full Version : 30# 36" 3 y.o needs new car seat

cowlesct
10-17-2006, 02:55 PM
My 30 lb, 36" 3 y.o daughter needs to give up her car seat to her infant sibling who is outgrowing their Graco Snugride. She currently resides happliy in a 2004 Britax Wizard (close in size to the Husky, most similar to the new Decathalon).

What should I do?? Since ht/wt seem to have such an impact in the decision, previous posts aren't as helpful as I first hoped. I do travel by air, so a Regent is not my first choice. Although I hate the hefty weight and price tag of the Britax seats, I do like how easy they are to adjust.

Help!! =)

Joolsplus2
10-18-2006, 12:18 AM
I'd just leave her in the Wizard, she'll fit it till it expires when she's 6 or so, and go ahead and get a new convertible for the baby...the Boulevard is the new Wizard, but a regular old Marathon is also a terrific seat (maybe get one for your dd in a pretty cover, and put the baby in the Wizard for extra sleep support?).

The Cosco Scenera is fabulous for traveling by air...light, cheap, and easy to install and adjust.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx
www.joolstag.myarbonne.com

cowlesct
10-18-2006, 06:56 AM
Thanks so much! I never would have thought of the Cosco for flying. I love the idea of a MA in a pretty color.

-Cathy