PDA

View Full Version : selling car seat

momtoB
10-20-2006, 01:10 PM
How do you figure out how much to charge?

This would be a seat that still has a good amount of life left in it (not expired), has never been in an accident, not recalled, well-cared for, etc... I wouldn't sell an unsafe seat of course.

Thinking down the road a bit, I may need to sell ds' Boulevard which I bought last year. He seems awfully close to the top slots so no telling how long the seat will really last him. If I sold it I could justify to dh replacing it w/the Regent. DS is only 31-33lbs right now (at age 3-1/2), 40" tall, and I would like him to stay harnessed until he's closer to 40lbs but on his current growth curve, that is a long long time away and I'm sure he'll have outgrown the BV well before then. Almost kicking myself for not buying the Regent to begin with however at the time the BV was on sale ($235) and I wanted to keep him rear-facing as long as possible.

Or, say he's got an inch of growing room in the BV, is it possible this car seat may still last him until he's around 5yrs? His torso growth has seemed to slow down but I'm just wondering if that is even a realistic expectation?

C
ds-4/03

Joolsplus2
10-20-2006, 02:43 PM
It really should still fit him for another 18 months to 2 years...he doesn't sound very big, and yeah, you'll spend more in new pants for him because his legs will sprout like crazy, than you would on a new seat :D
Divide the price a new one would cost by 6 and subtract the fraction of use you owned it (300 divided by 6 equals 50 bucks a year, if you sell it with three years left on it, sell it for 150, for example)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx
www.joolstag.myarbonne.com

momtoB
10-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Thank you Julie. That is how I was thinking of pricing it, should I decide to sell. Haven't made up my mind yet though. I really like the Blvd and would like it to last, so once I flip him around I'll see exactly how much growing room he has and then decide.

~C