PDA

View Full Version : Britax Parkway/Jane Indy

awsosnay
10-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Hi!
I am doing some research on our soon-to-buy booster, and am ending up confused :(

I saw some rave reviews here on the parkway, but am afraid my Marathon rider that is transitioning into the booster would HATE the head guards. Does it or does it not have LATCH? On a vendor website, it said it DOES, but I cannot confirm that anywhere else, including britax.com.

Also being concidered is the Jane Indy, are there any users out there that have successfully installed it into a 2006 Honda Odyssey? I saw that the shoulder belt pass through was a concern... It would be an online-order situation so I would obviously love to avoid an unnecessary return for that problem.

Thank you for any input!
Amy

Joolsplus2
10-24-2006, 04:20 PM
I really don't know any kids who don't like the Parkway (which has no LATCH)...they LOVE having 'pillows' to rest their heads on! But I know a tech with a 2006 Ody and a Jane' Indy Plus and he says it's fantastic, loves it, works great.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

awsosnay
10-24-2006, 05:23 PM
THANK YOU so much for your response, now I have two VERY good options! I think I will take DS for a "test sit" in a Parkway and go from there.

Since you are a CPS tech, do you have any input on the LATCH part? I like my DS to climb into his seat on his own and thought it might be handy for keeping the booster positioned exactly where it was supposed to be...and keeping it there.

We are safety nuts when it comes to our car seats, they have been installed by a CPS tech each and every time. :) I value your knowledge!

Thanks again!

Joolsplus2
10-25-2006, 07:34 AM
I don't have the Jane' yet, we've been too happy with our Parkways (and my budget has been going towards infant seats lately, lol).. but I gather it is very nice to have a seat that doesn't move a hair, and supposedly the Jane' is a very solid seat and totally worth the money. I don't find my Parkways actually move at all when the kids climb in and out of them, though (after several years of use, I've never been exasperated by them moving, if that's any help to know :) )
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx