PDA

View Full Version : 40# 38" tall 23 month old!! HELP! - Booster Seat

PregoInKY
11-03-2006, 08:42 AM
As you can see, I have a child at the top of the charts. He's not even 2 and he's outgrown his Evenflo Triumph. So we are in search of a booster seat with a 5 point harness. However, they only go up to 40 lbs. using the harness. He's just too young to not use a 5 point harness.

Does anyone have any suggetions??? I found the Britax Husky, but you have to use tether anchors after he reaches a certain weight and my 99 explorer does not have the LATCH system.

I'm starting to feel desperate. I can't be the only one facing this issue. Please help.

Thanks,
Denise

Joolsplus2
11-03-2006, 10:17 AM
It's free and easy to add a top tether anchor to a Ford, call your dealer and ask about Program R7C, they can look it up and voila, you have a top tether installed for free.

Other choices include the Cosco Apex and Sunshine Kids Radian, which go to 65 pounds without a top tether (though it's ALWAYS a good idea to install a top tether, so do it anyway), and have tallish top slots. And the www.safeguardseat.com is lovely...but expensive...but lovely.. lol.

The Regent (Husky, but the new model) really sounds like the best choice for you...it is huge, but it'll be so easy for you to buckle him in and have so much growing room, I bet you'll really love it.
You can't take it flying, so either don't go anywhere till he's 4 and ready for a booster that you can check in luggage, or consider the RideSafer Travel Vest, which is super light and easy to bring with you, even though it can't be used on the plane seat.

Hope that helps a little!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

PregoInKY
11-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Thank you so much!!! I called 1 ford dealership who said the part didn't exist, then when i found it at another one, tried to charge me $127.50 to install it. So, i'm getting the part from them and another dealership is going to install it next week at no charge!! Thanks for all your help. I'm in the process of finding the best deal on the Regent now. Thank you so much for all your help. I can finally take a deep breath. NOw it's just a matter of installing the tether and ordering the seats.

I appreciate all you do.
Denise

mommyto4
11-03-2006, 12:15 PM
Albee Baby had a big sale on Britax seats not long ago. They might still have some at the sale price.