PDA

View Full Version : Parkway in Granite or Ivy League or Sapphire??

Mikesa3
11-15-2006, 01:57 PM
My 6 year old needs a new booster and I decided on a Parkway. I just can't decide on the cover. Any opinions on these? The feel and how well they have held up? I have to order in online so I'd like to know what others have liked.Also if you know any good deals on it. I know that the Ivy League is marked down some places so I'm guessing it's discontinued. Any new colors coming out soon?
Thanks
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

yellowdogmom
11-15-2006, 02:29 PM
I can't help with fabric choices, but babyage.com has Woodstock, Speedway, and Nantucket for 84.99 and one that is 79.99, it doesn't list the fabric name, but click on Clearance then carseats.

I'm not sure if free shipping is still available with code FFNOV, but its worth a try!

:) Kristin
Mom to Theo, born 1/12/2004 in Korea ~ home forever 7/6/2004
and Morgan the yellow lab

Mikesa3
11-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Thanks ,it looks like the Ivy League is $79.99 so that one is looking good to me. Is BabyAge good to deal with? Anyone know how this looks in person? Does it wear well?
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

yellowdogmom
11-15-2006, 03:05 PM
I know babyage doesn't get great ratings over on the BB sites board, but it seems like that is mostly because their registry doesn't seem to work so well. I ordered DS's Marathon recently from them and it shipped same day and arrived the next day! I believe they're in NJ and I'm in CT, so I know most folks would wait more than a day for an order.

I have ordered from them three times over the last couple of years with no problems.

Oh and just to add - our Marathon was a closeout fabric, but the seat was manufactured in September 2006 - just a month before we ordered it.

:) Kristin
Mom to Theo, born 1/12/2004 in Korea ~ home forever 7/6/2004
and Morgan the yellow lab

teachermommy
11-17-2006, 08:51 AM
We bought a granite Parkway about 6 months ago. It is a really soft, nubby darkish gray fabric. It has held up perfectly. My daughter has spilt water in it and the liquid does not soak right in. It just beads on top for a while which makes it nice to clean up. When I purchased it Target had free shipping and I found a 10% off coupon.