PDA

View Full Version : Need Britax advice regarding my 4 yr old and 2 yr old

Florida Mom
11-18-2006, 12:05 AM
Hi,

I have read through all the posts, but I need a little bit of direction. My son is 4 and in a Regent. He is about 40 pounds, and 42 inches.

My daughter is 2 and about 30 pounds, and 36 inches. She is in a Roundabout. Thanks to my husband's genes, she has a pretty large head, which leaves her about an inch from the top of the carseat frame. So I know in the next few months I'll be replacing her carseat.

I have a Chrylser Town n Country minivan with a two-seater bench in the second row.

I am very partial to Britax, but am open to other suggestions.

Our options:
1) Get a second Regent for her.
2) Move my son to a booster seat, and give my daughter his Regent.
3) Get something like the Decatholon for my daughter.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Andie
Mom to Joey (4) and Beth (2)

mommyto4
11-18-2006, 02:20 AM
Is your DD RF or FF? If she is FF, try her in the Regent and see if she looks like she would be comfy in it. If you think that she would be comfortable in it, get her one. Or, get her a Marathon. Just remember that she would probably outgrow the Marathon in 3-4 years. She could get the full 6 years use out of a Regent.I would not feel comfortable with a 4yo in a booster. So, I would leave your son in his Regent. Or, if you have head rests in your car, you could try the Apex 65 for one of the kids.

Florida Mom
11-21-2006, 06:31 PM
She is FF in her Roundabout. And I actually just had her ist in it again and realized that she was slouching last time I looked at her head height. Her head is actually an inch or two above the seat back.

Thank you

~Andie

Joolsplus2
11-21-2006, 06:53 PM
The top of the head rule is for rearfacing only. For forward facing, you can use the seat till her shoulders creep above the top slots or the tops of her ears are even with the top of the seat...that really should give you quite a bit of time before you have to decide (6-12 months, likely).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx