PDA

View Full Version : Shoulders too wide for MA, what about the Cosco Elite Apex 65 ?

isaiahsmom
12-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Aggh! Here we go again. Went to BRU today, armed with my coupon, & DS, ready to buy the Regent. They didn't have the Regent, so I tried him in the MA just to see how he fits. His shoulders are too wide for the MA, and he seems scrunched in. This is the same problem we're having with the RA, but I assumed that he was too small for it, but I guess I'm wrong. Is the Regent wider than the MA, or should I give up on Britax? The only other option that they had at BRU was the Cosco Elite Apex (is this the right name?) Its is a 5 pt harness to 65lbs and is plenty wide enough for DS. Is this a safe alternative, or should I keep looking? Unfortunately, BRU has the widest selection of seats in my area (Buffalo, NY), and I'm skeptical about ordering something online that may not work for DS.

Heather,

Mom to:
Isaiah 8.24.03
Amara 3.14.05

Joolsplus2
12-03-2006, 09:10 AM
The Regent is *huge*...it's so much wider than the MA, my dd complains there's no way to lean on the sides and sleep. You can click on the thumbnail pictures of these kids to get an idea how big it is http://cpsafety.com/articles/FFalbum.aspx Britax *used to* sell modified shoulder foam for big shouldered kids, but they stopped, I don't know why (it gave marathon users in the top slots an extra inch of width, it was great).
The Apex is fine, I'd probably go with it... of course, the Regent DOES fit in any car, will last a lot longer, and is the usual Britax quality you're used to...so if the Apex fails to impress you, you can always go with the Regent later :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

isaiahsmom
12-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks, I'll find the Regent online.

Heather,

Mom to:
Isaiah 8.24.03
Amara 3.14.05

isaiahsmom
12-03-2006, 01:01 PM
One more question, is the Regent so tall that it will obstruct my rear view? From the pics it looks really huge.

Heather,

Mom to:
Isaiah 8.24.03
Amara 3.14.05

mommyto4
12-04-2006, 03:57 AM
It does not obstruct the rear view much. It is a huge seat but, it sits low in the car. Therefore, the back doesn't stick up all that much.