PDA

View Full Version : ISO 5 pt booster for 4 year

jmeadowsclark
01-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Hi, I'm totally overwhelmed by all the research and thought it might be easiest to ask for help! I'm looking for a new seat to replace a 3 year old Alpha Omega of which I was never totally happy with because the straps always twist.

My daughter will be 4 years old in 6 weeks, She is 40" tall and weighs 38lbs. My first priority is safety and would like something that fits well in a 2006 Toyota Sienna - I have captains chairs in the second row instead of a bench. I would like to stay in the $200-$250 range but would spend more if there is a huge difference in safety ratings.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Joolsplus2
01-07-2007, 04:17 PM
I think the Regent would be the best choice, followed by the Safety 1st/Cosco Apex, followed by the www.safeguardseat.com (well, it might be my first choice, except for the price..it is a NICE seat, lol).

Not sure if you know the top slots aren't safe to use in the Alpha Omega? (you know how the headrest moves up above the rest of the seat shell? There's a little warning on the back that says 'top position for booster use only' because the harness will NOT hold a child in a crash if it's in those top slots/position).

If you aren't up there yet, phew!

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx