PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Triumph vs. Britax Wizard -- did I make the right choice?

SylviaWig
01-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Ugh, this carseat business can be so confusing! Right now my son Gabriel who has just turned a year old but only weighs 19 lbs. and is 30.5 inches tall has effectively outgrown his Graco Snugride so we are now in the market to upgrade him to a convertible seat. His older sister Veronica who is almost 4 years old weighs 30 lbs., so what we had planned on doing was moving her to a bigger kid convertible seat since she would be outgrowing her seat anyway within another 10 lbs. and moving Gabriel to her Triumph. We tried out the Britax Marathon and the Safety 1st Apex at BRU, and decided we liked the Marathon for a variety of reasons, not the least of which was the ease in installation and the great clips to secure the seat. Veronica sat in it and decided she liked the seat, too. So then I did some searching around and found a deal at an online outlet on a new 2005 Britax Wizard on clearance for $189.99, which I know is essentially the same seat as the Boulevard but with a more narrow EPS head restraint. I figured this was a better deal on a seat, so I bought this seat last night online and am now awaiting its arrival. But we also need to have two seats to use in my mother's car, and she drives a '95 Buick Skylark. She doesn't drive the kids around often in her car, so I couldn't justify buying an expensive car seat to use for her car. So we purchased a new Evenflo Triumph on Ebay in the color we liked for $115, thinking we could use this now for Gabriel in our van (btw we drive a 2004 Toyota Sienna) and move the old Triumph which is 2 1/2 years old to my mom's car which would be getting less use anyway. Then Veronica would use the new Wizard that's on its way. But now that I'm rethinking my decision, should I just have waited to see how the kids like the Wizard and then possibly get a new Wizard for Gabriel's use in our van, too? Since the Wizard's weight limit goes to 65 lbs., in the long run we would've saved money instead of eventually having to upgrade the new Triumph later when he gets to 40 lbs., right? Man, now I'm thinking as soon as we get the new Triumph delivered, maybe the best bet is to just sell it and bite the bullet and buy a new Wizard for my son as well for our van. What do you all think?