PDA

View Full Version : which "bigger" Britax most like Roundabout?" head support sleeping...

mtnbaby
01-25-2007, 11:07 AM
we have a roundabout now and love it--no problems with my child's head falling forward when sleeping as I see so many times in these posts. Recently, while travelling, we have used other convertibles where this is a major problem...one which we would like to avoid when getting her next seat. Since we LOVE our Britax, will most likely stay with them but which--Marathon, BOulevard or Decathalon--is most like the roundabout?? I know the latter two have extra side padding but does it push their head forward while sleeping more or help prevent it??
thanks for your input and sharing your experiences!

kellyotn
01-25-2007, 10:32 PM
How old is the child?

I think the Britaxes are all pretty good for sleeping. I have only used Marathons, but the shape of the seats are naturally pretty "reclined" even FF. I've had a FF and a RF MA in the car for over two years, we drive 3.5 hours 2x a week and my kids sleep a lot, so I'm something of an expert! :)

My daughter has been FF in hers since 26 months and she's not had problems with head flop. My son just turned FF yesterday, at 30 months. Its too soon to tell, but he slept fine for 10 minutes today on the trip to Home Depot. ;)

Obviously, I think it helps that the child can RF in them for so long! RFing is obviously great for sleeping because you can have the recline anywhere from 45 degrees to pretty upright.

From what I've read the Blvd's are great for sleeping. The kids call the wings pillows and I'd imagine that they be great!