PDA

View Full Version : bag for britax regent

glapapa
01-25-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm looking for a bag for the britax regent boosters. I have an Eddie Bauer bag for another seat, but it does not fit the regents. I'm flying out next week and would like to find a bag big enough for these seats. Does anyone know where I might find these? Thanks!
Gina

momtoB
01-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Hmmm, I'd be interested to hear if there is a bag built big enough for it. I don't know your particular situation but just wondering if you've considered traveling with a different seat, or maybe investing in a ride safer travel vest if your dc is too tall or heavy for any of the other seats out there? Just a thought. I'd think I'd pay $100 (cost of vest) to not have to lug that big seat on an airplane. Plus, it's expensive. I'd be afraid they would damage it. Just a thought!

ETA: this site has a list of "travel seat" suggestions, including the Safeguard Go and the RideSafer vest: http://www.carseatsite.com/bpbnicheseats.htm#Travel%20Seats

Just thought you might be interested.

glapapa
01-27-2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, using a different seat for travel would probably be easier. However, the kids will be driving around with my parents for the week while my husband and I are off to our own vacation. I would feel better knowing my kids were in the safest seat while someone else is driving them. I might end up making my own duffle bag. It might be cheaper than some of these bags I've seen online. I guess I'm just irked that they don't have bags for a reasonable price that fit the Regent. A friend of mine puts hers in a big industrial size garbage bag and checks it.

On a side note, is checking a car seat really safe considering how much they throw the luggage around? Any thoughts on that? We've always gate checked the car seats the kids did not ride in on the plane, hoping they don't toss that as much as the checked stuff.

wendmatt
01-30-2007, 11:07 PM
I put a RA in an Eddie Bauer bag and it came back with rips in it so it was obviously not treated gently. I have seen people take a car seat without a bag and they put it in a big plastic bag and wrap it all up, which seems like it would be a safer option as it is clear to see it's a car seat is an odd shape and should be treated better.
Not sure if that's true or not though.

momtoB
03-13-2007, 05:55 PM
How did it go???

I've heard "horror" stories of car seats being kicked and thrown around by baggage handlers. Think of all the 50 and 70 lb pieces of luggage that could end up on top of the seat. I've also read stories of car seats that were visibly damaged and the airline basically won't pay for it. One person even posted the airline made them sign a waiver form when they checked it w/their regular luggage! To me, I would be really nervous about checking a car seat that costs almost $300. But that is me.... I've been thinking about checking with the insurance company and see if it's possible to get a rider on the policy for it. I've heard of people doing this for camera eqmt when they travel, why not car seats? Of course, that won't help when we get there and basically have no seat to use. :( At some point, I'm going to have to consider this too since we travel at least 2x a year and my ds is getting to the point where he really doesn't need a car seat on the airplane.

C&B, 4/03

sthall85008
07-06-2007, 10:24 AM
I flew with my regent a few weeks ago, and asked for one of the airlines large plastic bags to put it in. It covered the whole seat, and came through baggage twice unscathed.
I think it's like rolling the dice though, you just never know.
Stacy