PDA

View Full Version : Need help with new car seat

sweetstitches
01-28-2007, 04:31 PM
We have a 3 yr old currently in a Britax Wizard and a 1 yr old in the Peg infant seat. I did some research and bought a Britax Boulevard thinking I would move the 3 yr old to it and put the 1 yr old in the Wizard. However, the harness slots are just under the 3 yr olds shoulders in the Boulevard (although the car seat itself looks huge on him) and apparently the slots are also just under his shoulders in the Wizard! He's only at the 50% on the growth charts. I think he just hit 32 pounds. How can that be possible when there are 5 yr olds in the this seat? He doesn't seem to have a really long torso; we've never had a problem with shirts or anything. I could see if he was really tall for his age, but he's not. Is it possible that we have something adjusted incorrectly?

I'm looking for something with the highest safety rating possible. If I need a new car seat, what do you recommend that would have higher slots?

Thanks

momtoB
03-13-2007, 05:44 PM
I have a Boulevard too and my ds is getting close to the top harness position but isn't over it yet (he's 3yrs, 10.5 mos old right now).

Just curious, with the headrest raised as far as it will go, how far over the top of the shell is it? The headrest ("wings") on mine is about halfway over the top of the shell. Does yours look like that?

Also, look under the cover, which can sit a little lower than the actual slots.

Edit to add: The BV has approx 17" top harness height. It sounds like this seat might be outgrown (as well as your WZ - bummer! But the BV did replace the WZ so I can see why they would be so similar). If that's the case, I'd see about returning it and get a Regent instead.

hth